01 February 2009

a ride out with Bunny

During the last week I rode more than 100km on Bunny, mostly along the shore of the various rivers which encircle Taipei: Xiandian river in the south, Danshui river in the west and Jilong (Keelung) river in the north.
Yesterday was my longest tour. I didn't even plan to cycle around, but I met somebody for language exchange and once being outside the weather was just to good to go back in. So I rode northward along the little park that's underneath / on top of the Danshui subway line and then along Jilong and Danshui rivers. When I thought I would soon arrive in Beitou (halfway between Taipei and Danshui), I was actually already arriving in Danshui itself. I later saw on the map that I had ridden more than 40 km this afternoon and was surprised about this until I remembered that a single commute to my Chinese class in Toronto was also 38km round-trip. That's probably why me and little Bunny passed most other cyclists on the way. Even those dressed in Lycra and riding big bikes. It seems that Bunny's lacking high gears are really not an issue any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment